We are rolling out subscription service! Available on June 1st, KenFlix is coming!
Here is a bunch of information about our very exciting new rental options…You can still rent the same way you always have at Four Star Video, but if you would like, you can sign up for our monthly subscription service. Sound interesting? Read on…Otherwise skip down to the movies.
KenFlix is Four Star Video’s new subscription rate membership. It is a multi-structured program that is optional for our customers and can be used with or without our current Block pricing structure. You simply decide what level subscription you want and then pay one monthly fee for unlimited rentals and no renewal fees.
• Is this a good service for me?
• There are a few reasons that a subscription will work great for customers. First off, do you rent a lot of movies? If so, this will provide you with an immediate discount in your monthly expense. Secondly, do you have trouble getting movies back on time? That is the main comment we hear at Four Star Video which has really motivated us to set this up. We understand all the options that people have out there, and we believe that our store offers you the best option of fulfilling your cinematic needs.
• Is it like Netflix?
• Kind of. But unlike Netflix, you won’t have to wait for any movies to get sent to you. You have unlimited access to rent as many movies as you would like without additional cost. And you get the added bonus of interacting with live humans who will amuse you with their quirky characteristics and movie suggestions. Also, we believe there is something about browsing movie boxes that you can touch that is really…touching.
• Is there a “queue” like Netflix?
• Hell no! Unlike that service, you don’t get what is next on your list; you get whatever is in your hand!
• Can I keep the movies indefinitely?
• Yes, however after twenty-one (21) days you will be charged full price for the movie. There will be no renewal fees, and this won’t affect your subscription. We’re still a neighborhood video store, and we need to keep copies of the movies for our other customers to rent. So if we see one is not coming back, we will replace it immediately. If you bring your movie back within ten days of this charge. We will refund you the price of the film, minus a $5 re-stocking fee.
• Can KenFlix be used with the block?
• Yes, it can! You can still purchase blocks whether or not you use the subscription service. If you do subscribe, you can utilize the block if you want to rent movies above your subscription total. If you return movies that you have on your subscription, we will shift your block rentals onto the subscription upon request to help you avoid any renewals fees as long as you have the maximum or less movies out on your plan.
• Can I rent more movies on top of my subscription?
• Yes, you can! You can choose to rent movies at regular cost at any time. Again, if you return the films that have maximized your subscription, we will shift your other rentals to your subscription upon request to avoid renewal fees.
• Will this mean I will have to wait longer for films?
• Probably not. We have been purchasing films in significantly higher proportions over the last five months in anticipation of this program. If we start having reservation lists for a title that is out for an extended period we will purchase more and expedite delivery. Which is what we already do!
• How will this affect my Wednesday Dollar Rentals?
• If you come in only on Wednesdays and get 4 movies then this program is perfect for you. Now, every day is Wednesday and you can come in seven days a week if you want to.
• What is not going to change?
• Oh just about everything. We’ll still have the same awesome releases. We’ll still have the same awesome staff. We’ll still have the same awesome red carpet. All this really does is add a great new service for those who would like to take part in it.
Here are the Pricing Options:
• $19.99/month – One movie out on your account of any type at any time. No fees. Unlimited exchange.
• $29.99/month – Two movies out on your account of any type at any time. No fees. Unlimited exchange.
• $39.99/month – Three movies out on your account of any type at any time. No fees. Unlimited exchange.
• $49.99/month – Four movies out on your account of any type at any time. No fees. Unlimited exchange.
This program will start on June 1st, but we may let you start buying it later this week. Ask us at the store!
Love and kisses,
DIARY OF THE DEAD.
Joshua Close/Scott Wentworth/Michelle Morgan.
Directed by George A. Romero.
* From the maker of classic zombie movies like NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD and DAWN OF THE DEAD comes this new zombie thriller following a group of film students as they witness the undead coming to life through their cameras and cellphones.
Richard Gere/Claire Danes.
Directed by Wai-keung Lau.
* A vigilant (and perhaps over-zealous) federal agent (Gere) is training his young, hot replacement (Danes) while tracking down a missing girl into the seedy world of porn.
NATIONAL TREASURE 2: BOOK OF SECRETS. **** BLU-RAY,TOO****
Nicholas Cage/Diane Kruger/Jon Voight/Helen Mirren/Ed Harris.
Directed by John Turtletaub.
* His name is Benjamin Franklin Gates! That is so brilliant. Yes, Cage is back as the fabled treasure hunter seeking to discover the truth behind Abraham Lincoln’s assassination.
Steve Zahn/Allen Covert/Jonah Hill.
Directed by Fred Wolf.
* Zahn plays a guy who takes over the animal show his dead father used to hosts. I read that this is a “good stupid dry-humor movie”. Well, I need that every now and again.
WHO’S YOUR MONKEY.
Jason London/Kevin Durand.
Directed by Todd Breau.
* In this low-budg comedy, some friends try to help their buddy (who is an out of work doctor making crystal meth to pay the bills) out of his funk.
THE WILLOW TREE.
Directed by Majid Majidi.
* Visually stunning Iranian film about a blind professor who is startled by what he sees when he regains his sight.
Directed by Meema Spadola.
* From the director of BREASTS: A DOCUMENTARY comes this exploration of life as the children of gay and lesbian parents. This fascinating story documents the children of five families of multiple ethnicities around the United States.
* Victorian-era soap opera.
EXES & OHS: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON.
Directed by Leah Friedlander.
* A sort of more realistic and less glamorous THE L WORD.
THE MUPPET SHOW: THE COMPLETE THIRD SEASON.
Created by Jim Henson.
* Seriously, this is just pure brilliant genius (Can you use those two words back to back? Don’t ask me, I’m neither one of them…). Just look at the back of the box to see the incredible list of guest stars.
Eddie Izzard/Minnie Driver.
* The Malloy’s are a family of gypsies who have conned their way through their lives. Now as they are getting older and sick of life on the move, they have assumed the identity of a upper middle class family in the Deep South and they intend to milk it for all it’s worth.
SQUARE PEGS: THE COMPLETE SERIES.
Sarah Jessica Parker/Amy Linker/Jami Gertz
* Do you remember this series? It is from 1982 and it is like a pre-cursor to all John Hughes films and so much other 1980’s existential life. It follows the lives in high school of two misfits as they try to fit in…to “click with the right clique” as they put it and become “popular”. If you ever spent idle time wondering why the popular crowd was popular, this show will remind you of the somewhat randomness of that designation. The music, the accents, the situations, this show is awesome, and I highly recommend it.
DORA THE EXPLORER: SUPER BABIES.
BAND OF BROTHERS.
CONVERSATIONS WITH GOD.
Directed by Stephen Deutch.
* This is a customer request about a man’s journey from struggling to homeless to spiritual messenger and finally author. Tell me if you like it!
EPITAFIOS: SEASON ONE.